related linksRead more about home improvement
FIND YOUR DREAM HOME OR APARTMENT
must-see on msn
Well, what about overloading you waste treatment plant with stuff that should go into garbage.
For every dollar we pay for water, we pay two for waste treatment.
Some people compost.
Septic tank users know better!!
Some people just do not think or care or are plain "under informed"
Run your disposal after each use a few seconds longer to make sure all the garbage has went through the disposals plumbing. Running water a few seconds longer also helps to flush the debris a little farther down the drain. I run a few drops of Dawn and bleach down the disposal every few days to help fight from having ecoli and other harmful bacteria from growing and spreading Even mold. A disposal has more fungi, bacteria and other harmful things in it than a toilet. Ever smelt bad oders? Bacteria growing. Keep it clean.
Only three things you have to know to be a plumber.
1- hot is on the left
2- cold is on the right
3- schidt won't run uphill
First mistake peeling over a sink with a Band-Aid on your thumb, compost everywhere are screaming. So many things one can do besides throw edibles even undesirable produce product down a disposer. Now that said does not mean it is okay to toss peels or scrap in the trash.
If your going to bleed from your thumb for scrap and peels over a sink and disposer then what is gained nothing but a simple convenience, so losing blood on food before the sink then the river banks your blood.
Compost everywhere are demanding equality. Feed the earth bank the garden.
In their defence, garbage disposals used to have blades in the older homes, *smile*