related linksMore Real Estate Related Articles
FIND YOUR DREAM HOME OR APARTMENT
must-see on msn
Who wrote this GARBAGE.
Not paying interest over thirty years and making the CEO at the lending facility richer is a great feeling.
A lender must have paid MSN to post this garbage. Since when is complete home ownership a bad thing.
Number 2 on the list says if you're not contributing the maximum to your retirement plan, you shouldn't pay off your mortgage. That's bad advice. If you can't contribute the maximum, then you should pay off your mortgage to free up that income so that you CAN contribute the maximum.
This is so much bull. Watch the following documentaries about financing in this country and you will see why they don't want you to pay your mortgage off. These shows will blow your mind and we as a people should stop supporting these financial institutions and government practices and get our act together.
Here are the documentaries and make you own decisions.
Zeitgeist the movie 2007
Zeitgeist Addendum 2009
zeitgeist moving forward 2011
and we're not broke which is on Netflix
These shows will show and tell you why you should pay off your mortgage as soon as possible.
You don't need to refinance to pay your mortgage early. In order to be safe, pay the mortgage as usual, and send a check mentioning "to add to capital", so if some months you can't pay more because something happened, then you're safe. When the problem is over then you restart sending more money. It 's a good way to shorten your loan without the risks.
Really? An article on why NOT to pay off your mortgage, sponsored by Quicken Loans? Seriously? Conflict of interest much?
Bottom line... I'll be able to retire FREE AND CLEAR and not owing anything to anybody. PERIOD.
I agree with Marine Cole. There are 7 steps to financial success. They have worked for me and millions of other people.
1. Save $1000.00 for emergencies
2. Aggressively pay off all of your debt except for your home. Cut up the credit cards, if you can't pay for something with cash you can't afford it.
3. Build up your emergency fund to 3 to 6 months of your income
4. Invest 15% of your income into retirement
5. Save for your kid's educations
6. When you have completed the previous steps then pay your house off early
7. Build wealth by increasing your investing, give generously to those in need and live like no one else.